Translate

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Empty Bookcase


Many thanks to Jon Acuff for inspiring me to take "The Empty Shelf Challenge!" It has not only caused me to be more purposeful about taking time out to read, it has also caused me to clear out some clutter!

Despite the fact that I have far more books than I have shelves (and many of the publications I own are actually in boxes!), this particular bookshelf had become a catch-all for clutter. It didn't start out that way; this piece of furniture belonged to my mother when she was a very young girl, which was a long time ago because she was born in 1937. The bookcase is in great shape structurally, but I would love to refinish it someday. Meanwhile, I think my mother would be pleased to know the bookcase that held so many of her volumes as a child will once more be filled with "words." My mother loved to read, so I'm taking this challenge in honor of her memory. I look forward to exploring "new" horizons and filling these shelves as I do.

Take time to read!
~Rebecca


No comments:

Post a Comment